EverQuote is seeking a Staff Accountant II to join our growing team! The Staff Accountant II will work in accounting operations of a fast growing public Company helping the existing team with various general ledger activities while working to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting degree and experience in a high–growth technology company. The candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player capable of taking on a critical role within the department with increasing responsibility as the company continues to grow.
About the role:
- Candidate will be owner of marketplace revenue - heavy coordination with the various operational teams to ensure the accuracy of financial data in various financial systems.
- Record revenue and own collections of receivables as well as the process of getting the data from the database to the financial statements.
- Work with reporting for large data sets which drive the Company’s financials. An interest and attention to detail in building reports – and identifying what information is needed.
- Supporting accounting operational functions, including monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participates in the consolidation and preparation of financial statements.
- Drive invoicing, collections, and cash application processes. Work on enhancing automation wherever possible.
- Ensure responsibilities performed in accordance with relevant accounting rules, SOX and internal control requirements.
- Audit Support: Support team in completing annual diligence and audits along with other ad-hoc third-party audits.
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management.
- B.S. in Accounting
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Must be comfortable working across teams (sales, engineering, etc.) and comfortable holding various parties (non-accounting) accountable.
- Like working in a fast pace, ever changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently and collaboratively
- Always be looking for ways to improve processes and streamline efficiencies (bringing automation ideas to the table will be key)
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently and meet deadlines as needed
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- CPA or CPA track preferred
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.