Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintenance of the Procure to Pay function, as well as accurate expense recognition during month end close. You will be collaborating with internal and external business partners regularly, as this role is a primary point of contact for the Accounting department.
About this roll (responsibilities):
- Review and process submitted vendor invoices to assure that all invoices go through the proper approval channels and are entered in compliance with GAAP, company policies, and budgeting guidance.
- Assist in reconciling company credit card transactions in compliance with company policies and month end close timelines
- Partner with purchasing teams across the company to reconcile and maintain the company’s open purchase order list
- Provide reporting and analysis on Accounts Payable, Procurement and Expense activity
- Partner with accounting leadership to schedule and approve weekly payments on outstanding invoices
- Collaborate with other members of the Accounting team to assure a timely and accurate month end close
Do you have the right ingredients? (requirements):
- Experience working with Procure to Pay lifecycle with experience contributing to month, quarter and year end close
- Strong ability to collaborate across the business
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience working in NetSuite or other similar SaaS based ERP systems, a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required