Staff Accountant, AP at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintenance of the Procure to Pay function, as well as accurate and timely expense recognition during month end close. This is a fast-paced, challenging role that requires time management and problem-solving skills. Individuals in this role should be comfortable working with internal and external business partners regularly, as this role is a primary point of contact for the Accounting department.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Accurately review and process submitted inventory invoices in line with 2 way and 3 way matching protocols. Assure that all submitted vendor invoices go through the proper approval channels, and that all invoices are entered in compliance with GAAP, company policies, and budgeting guidance.
- Work cross functionally with Toast’s Inventory team and vendors to reconcile inventory discrepancies and maintain the company’s open purchase order list.
- Provide reporting and analysis on Accounts Payable, Procurement and Expense activity.
- Assure good standing with inventory vendors by completing statement reviews and maintaining ongoing communication.
- Respond timely and professionally to internal and external business partner inquiries regarding Accounts Payable and Procurement.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the Accounts Payable, Procurement and Month End close processes.
- Work closely with other members of the Accounting team to assure a timely and accurate month end close. This includes assisting with various month end close tasks such as accruals, expense allocation and cash reconciliation.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Accounting tools currently utilized by the entire company, including our expense management and travel platforms.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1+ years of experience working with Procure to Pay lifecycle, with specific experience in PO matching and inventory billing. Prior procure to pay role should have contributed to month, quarter and year end close as part of responsibilities.
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain business relationships
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience working in NetSuite or other similar SaaS based ERP systems.
- Admin experience with TripActions, Expensify, TeamPay, Tipalti, or other similar Expense Management software.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required