Stable Value Lead - Investments, Risk, Quantitative
Reports to: Head of Pension Risk Transfer & Institutional Actuarial (MMUS Institutional Solutions)
MassMutual is seeking an accomplished Quantitative Investment Management Professional or Investment Actuary to join the company’s Institutional Actuarial team within MassMutual Institutional Solutions. The Institutional Businesses are undergoing growth and represent a key component of the company’s business strategy. In this individual contributor role, the incumbent will utilize their influence, business, investment and technical knowledge to influence strategy and execute on driving risk controlled profitable growth. The primary responsibilities will be to oversee and monitor the fixed income investment portfolios underlying the Stable Value wrapped Products for both affiliated and third party asset managers across business channels and manage the risks inherent in these products relative to the investments. Key areas of focus include Investment analysis, Portfolio Risk Management, Portfolio modeling and product management of the Stable Value Products. This role will require combining strong technical investment risk management and portfolio monitoring skills in relation to the liability risks of the wrapped products. The role involves collaboration, and effective communication with internal business lines, corporate and other MassMutual functions, as well as involve interaction with external clients, intermediaries and partners. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the Institutional Business Stable Value Product investment risk monitoring
- Analyzing in depth available portfolio information underlying nearly 80 portfolios across various investment mandates representing over $30 Billion in assets
- Project management for continually improving the analysis and management of the portfolios backing separate account and synthetic GIC products
- Liaison with Investment, Corporate, and Business teams as needed on stable value investment portfolios and strategies.
- Monitoring the in-force – portfolios that are wrapped by MassMutual and analysis of new business as it relates to a review of unique investment portfolios, due diligence and investment guidelines in partnership with business and Investment Management
- Database management, analytics and building dynamic asset models for analysis of stable value investment portfolios
- Leading other significant projects related to fixed income investments for Institutional Products
- Presenting complex analyses and concepts to executive management, without supervision
- Regular Reporting on stable value investment portfolios
- Solicit & analyze competitive and benchmarking data
- Understanding the markets we serve and working within the confines of the market
- Monitoring interest rates, fixed income markets and relating market happenings to our products.
- An accomplished Quantitative Investment, Risk Management or Actuarial professional with experience in analysis of investments supporting stable value or similar investment based products
- 10+ years of experience in fixed income investments or stable value investments as it relates to quantitative analysis and risk oversight of portfolios
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of fixed income markets and instruments
- Deep knowledge and expertise in portfolio analytics, database management and investment modelling
- Demonstrates initiative and sense of urgency; takes ownership and is results-orientated
- Demonstrates the ability to manage large project teams in order to deliver quality outcomes on time, within scope and within budget.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity within and outside of the Institutional Solutions business.
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Disciplined approach to strategic initiatives, business projects and day-to-day activities
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex information, as well as convey complex materials to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with both complexity and ambiguity, with ability to explore multiple solutions to a problem
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Advanced business degree and/or professional qualifications
- FSA, CFA, or other actuarial or quantitative designation preferred