Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of all aspects of global stock program, including equity grants, exercising of stock options, vesting of shares, and cancellations
- Ensures accurate grant agreements are issued and coordinates delivery of grant communications; tracks employee grant acceptance and taxpayer status certifications, following up with equity plan participants as needed
- Help to administer the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, including issuance of communications and processing related to purchase periods.
- Partner with the Compensation and Benefits teams and 3rd party vendors to develop employee educational strategies. Provide guidance on topics and assist in the delivery of employee education.
- Actively partner with the equity plan and program vendors ensuring customer service levels remain high while providing relevant, required and timely data to our corporate partners at competitive costs
- Ensure effective delivery of equity offerings and build plans for continuous improvement
- Develop custom reports to support the Equity and Compensation functions
- Maintains the integrity of data in the stock plan systems and ensures records are maintained accurately.
- May collaborate in the preparation of SEC filings and regulatory reporting (Form 4, Section 16, 10-K, 10-Q, Annual Report/Proxy, etc.), and both recurring and ad hoc reports as needed
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of equity plans and share reserves
- Coordination with internal departments, including Payroll, Accounting, Tax, Human Resources, and Legal as needed
- Coordination with Company’s transfer agent and captive broker as needed
- Assist with the preparation of year-end tax information for IRC 6039 reporting. Ensure the company is in compliance with all required tax filings related to equity compensation
- Maintain equity grant data and conduct regular audits against HR database for completeness, accuracy of records, and accurate processing related to employment changes (new hires, terminations, account changes, etc.)
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Minimum 1-2 years of directly related experience in stock administration
- Experience managing a variety of stock-based compensation types, including stock options, restricted stock units and performance-based stock awards and ESPP
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering outstanding customer-service
- Outstanding organizational skills and commitment to maintaining accurate data and records
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Certified Equity Professional preferred (or in the process of obtaining certification)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong critical thinking skills and discipline to deliver complete and accurate results
- Able to work independently and as a team member, handling multiple priorities while applying good judgment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.