Sr. Analyst Financial Operations - Billing
Reviews and ensures up to date policies and procedures for new and existing clients including adherence to contractual language for terms, conditions and pricing. Provides management reporting, business support and financial analysis within the Finance team. Contributes to the month end close process. Develop and update reject review process for all clients and provides cross functional training between finance teams. Creates and maintains client specific standard and ad-hoc reporting.
- Analyze, audit and resolve any data issues with IT for client billing activity to ensure billing is consistent with contractual rules/SLA's and pricing
- Supervise small staff of billing analysts to guide, train and monitor activities to maintain accurate procedures and billing practices for successful accurate client billing
- Act as backup support to department manager on month-end close process, including monthly billing accruals or revenue related reporting
- Provide support on the annual audit
- Assist with the month-end close process and month-end client statement review working with team to resolve open items
- Work with Client Services to establish and provide client associated reporting and analysis
- Performs special projects and analysis to identify potential process improvements to reduce audits and increase efficiency
- Works with Client Services to update and maintain master client list for contract deliverables, pricing, and terms
- Works with Billing, A/R and IT to establish, maintain and improve reject/resubmit process for all clients to reduce risk to the company
- Interacts with multi-levels and departments including but not limited to Claims, IT, Sales, Client Services and Contact Center to resolve and correct clients' billing issues, rejects, and inquiries
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years billing and operations experience with strong Excel and Access experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment,
- A critical thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze initiatives and financial projections,
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills,
- Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and analytical and organizational skills,
- Ability to work effectively with senior management,
- Able to work collaboratively and also push back when required,
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment,
- Advanced Excel, Access, and other database programs/reporting platforms,
- Experience or understanding of Oracle much preferred
- Interacts daily with associates at all levels of the organization, senior management and departments including but not limited to Claims, IT, Sales, Client Services and Contact Center to resolve and correct clients' billing issues, rejects and inquiries.
- Some contact with clients likely.
- Completes additional duties as assigned. Work additional hours as necessary to complete projects.