Solutions Architect, Financial Systems at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Architecture the Solutions Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains Toast’s Financial Systems and surrounding integrations/application solutions in support of Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. The Solutions Architect will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Toast’s ERP, Revenue Recognition, Billing Architecture and other financial applications. The role requires taking ownership of the architecture and design of critical cloud-based business applications used by Toast’s Finance and Accounting partners.The Solutions Architect will continue to drive towards an efficient, compliant and scalable financial landscape.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Own the overall solution architecture for Toast’s Financial Systems.
- Collaborate with product management and business leadership to ensure balance between short- and long-term goals for the Financial Systems in a rapidly growing organization
- Play a key role in designing the long-term financial systems roadmap in partnership with functional users and the Finance Systems team
- Assess current state enterprise architecture and advise on Financial Systems architecture in terms of utilizing financial processes and data to achieve business goals.
- Review design, code, deployment strategies and other technical aspects of Toast’s Financial Systems.
- Define standards and processes to support and facilitate financial systems architecture for Toast.
- Work with data integration technologies to design and implement new solutions and processes to support finance and accounting use cases.
- Draft and review technical designs, integration standards, testing plans and other financial systems architecture/engineering related documentation.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years’ experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of Financial Systems.
- Architect and recommend evolution path for Toast’s financial systems to meet the scale of our business
- Ability to architect and design end to end solutions by taking into account the user needs and the technology landscape
- Ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns about finance and accounting concepts and technical architecture
- Extensive experience with Financial Systems, ERP(experience developing custom features and solutions on Netsuite), 606 Revenue Recognition(Zuora RevPro), WMS, Workday, Sales commission and other related applications.
- Strong concepts of performance optimizations and best practices for financial systems and architecture
- Extensive knowledge of internal controls best practices and SOX Compliance
- Ability to learn new technologies as they become prevalent and widely implemented, decision-making, time management, and task prioritization
Bonus ingredients (Experience):
- Experience with data management, data transformation, ETL/APIs, preferably using cloud-based tools/infrastructure
- NetSuite certifications preferred
- Working with a multi-entity global NetSuite instance preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.