Senior Treasury Analyst at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Reporting to Director, Tax and Treasury the Senior Treasury Analyst will participate in all aspects of the company’s corporate treasury and insurance management. This position will oversee the day-to-day cash operations of the company as well as lead the cash forecasting and funding needs. This position will work closely with various departments across the business as well as external vendors and partners and requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail and cross-departmental cohesion.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare cash positioning and oversee bank accounts on a daily basis
- Serve as system administrator for Treasury Bank Systems
- Build a global cash forecast to track cash needs and monitor settlement of intercompany activity
- Maintain an accurate database of the Company’s bank accounts as well as maintain authorized signers for all accounts
- Partner with banks regarding required documents to open, maintain, and close bank accounts and obtain appropriate approvals
- Investigate and resolve day-to-day bank related inquiries
- Evaluate and implement new banking products and services as needed
- Review bank fees and mitigate expenses
- Oversee Letters of Credit and extensions as needed
- Manage day-to-day Corporate Insurance and assist with yearly renewals as required
- Assist with other activities such as Internal & External Audit requests, creating & updating department policies and procedures, support new business expansion
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Treasury/Finance role
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time efficiency and work independently and as part of a group
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with internal and external parties
- Thrives in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.