Senior Tax Accountant at DraftKings
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:54 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re growing quickly and are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be an integral part of the Finance Function and will report directly to the Accounting Manager. As the Finance team scales, you will be tasked with executing and refining newly implemented controls, improving the month end process and related reconciliations, and assisting with all aspect of General Ledger maintenance. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Tax Accountant:
- Meet all informational tax reporting and withholding obligations timely and accurately
- Own federal, state and international gaming and fantasy sports tax compliance obligations, partnering with compliance and product analytics as necessary
- Devise protocols to ensure software is functioning as intended Perform detailed review of statues, regulations and case law as needed
- Create and monitor mechanisms to ensure the Company’s policies and procedures adherence
- Coordinate the Company’s Provisions for taxes (ASC 740 & ASC 450-20)
- Partner with 3rd party tax compliance on Federal form 1120, FinCEN filings and S<
- Draft memos to memorialize the Company’s tax positions, suggesting changes if appropriate
- Draft policies and procedures to support the Company’s tax positions
- Troubleshoot risk areas, working with tax advisors as needed
- Develop models to estimate impact of policy changes
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred.
- A Masters in Tax is preferred.
- A CPA is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience is required.
- Prior public accounting experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a public company is preferred.
- Prior experience working in gaming, e-commerce and/or similar data rich tech environment is preferred.
- A public/private mix is preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description