Senior Staff Accountant at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
This position directs and leads workflow in the key areas of month end financial close and account reconciliation processes. Record general ledger activity, review, analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts, maintain and analyze all purchasing accruals. Assist in the design and/or enhancement of current accounting systems. Work closely with other departments to obtain information, effect change or explain variances in departmental statements. Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures, as well as the instructions for month-end closing entries. Prepare the work papers/schedules for monthly reconciliation and fiscal year-end for the Company's external auditors. Assist in the preparation and distribution of management reports and monthly financial statements.
- Build and invest in relationships among peers and stakeholders
- Learn applicable systems and processes
- In partnership with the controller, set goals and development area's for year 1
- Assist in month end close to ensure financials are issued within company established deadlines.
- Reviews Accounts Payable and General Ledger activity for coding discrepancies and trended variances in departmental and client statements.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Perform account analyses by reconciling assigned monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Review current procedures and make potential change recommendations to senior departmental management.
- Records allocation, intercompany interest, and monthly tax provisions entries for month end.
- Prepares and distributes management reports and monthly financial statements.
- Provides back up support to Accounting Manager.
- Communicates with Managers from all departments to explain expense and variance trends.
- Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare the work papers/schedules for monthly reconciliation and fiscal year-end for the Company's external auditors.
- Assist in system upgrade and automation of processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience CPA or CPA candidate a plus
Experience: 2-4 years in general accounting experience. Strong working knowledge in Oracle, or other Tier 1 Accounting Software, Excel, Microsoft Word and Access.
Other Skills: Independent/decision making ability. Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, analytical and organization skills.
Working Relationships: Interface daily with associates at all levels of organization. Direct and lead workflow of two staff accountants.