Senior Staff Accountant, FinTech at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Senior FinTech Accountant will be responsible for partnering closely with the product and systems
teams to ensure that business transactions activity is appropriately captured and accounted for in our
financial statements. We are looking for an experienced individual who can help us work through
complex transactions on a monthly basis with a strong ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and ensure a
timely close process. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and active
collaboration across teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build scalable accounting processes to support growth in payment processing accounting.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively with management.
- Partner with operations to support existing products and services and build new accounting
process for new products and services.
- Partner with systems and operations teams to support internal financial systems and automation.
- Review contracts of varying complexity and assist with technical accounting analysis.
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, and design new processes and controls for
emerging and growing business activities.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in accounting or equivalent, some from a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in the monthly close process
- Netsuite experience preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Goal oriented personality capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.