Senior Revenue Manager
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users.
We are seeking a Senior Revenue Manager to join our dedicated Revenue Operations team. This position reports directly to the Director, Revenue Operations and manages a team of 4 Revenue and Senior Revenue Accountants. This person will serve as internal expert and technical reference on all revenue recognition matters related to all product suites and services. This is a great opportunity for someone coming either from Public Accounting with software experience or another similar publicly-traded company to step up into this role. The ideal candidate needs to be a team player and possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Ensure revenue transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 605 and 606)
- Manage the revenue team, set goals and career development plans aligning their individual goals with the goals of the organization.
- Lead revenue close activities, review revenue/deferred accounts, prepare various reporting packages, and coordinate with external auditor for quarterly and annual audits in the revenue area.
- Review and analyze worldwide balance sheet fluctuations and trends related to deferred revenue and unbilled receivables.
- Assisting in the creation, implementation and compliance of revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Researching and preparing written technical accounting policies and positions on an as-needed basis for non-standard revenue transactions and new product / services offerings.
- Partner with Product Development, Sales Operations and Sales to advise on revenue recognition implications of new offerings.
- Continuously review system processes to ensure efficiency, identify areas of improvements and eliminate the non-value added processes.
- Ability to keep pulse on all financial aspects relating to revenue operations and be able to work as a hand on leader when necessary.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success and Deal Desk to structure deals for optimal revenue recognition
- Work with and train the Company’s Sales and revenue operations group to ensure the proper revenue recognition criteria are well understood.
- Obtain understanding the revenue operation process workflow from quote to cash and provide coaching/expertise in order to make process more efficient
- Design & Review worldwide revenue fair value judgements & support (e.g. BESP, SSP)
- Manage team projects with IT and individual teams across the company that will impact revenue
- Manage the routine audit process in a timely manner in addition to evaluating and maintaining a very low audit risk exposure for the company
- Develop, implement and maintain the company controls, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) narratives and matrices, and ensure procedures are followed in compliance with the Company’s SOX controls.
- BS in Accounting and 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years directly in revenue recognition
- 2+ years of experience supervising direct reports
- Preferred experience in Big 4 public accounting
- Comprehensive understanding on US-GAAP and the most recent/relative revenue guidance (both ASC 605 and 606)
- Ability to think strategically, manage risk and align future direction with priorities
- Ability to recognize revenue recognition issues in contracts and purchase orders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven ability to present technical and financial information to a broad audience
- Ability to collaborate throughout the organization to carry out job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to perform in fast paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience in the technology or software industry
- ERP system (NetSuite) and experience with report building tools (ie DOMO, SFDC) a plus