Senior Revenue Data Analyst at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
About The Role
At CarGurus, we use data, not hunches, to make informed decisions. Revenue Data Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, we’re excited by a challenge, and we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
This Senior Revenue Data Analyst role will be in a position to create positive impact by enabling decision-making in how we optimize revenue strategy and operations. We are looking for thoughtful, confidently curious candidates who can dive into sophisticated data and draw insightful conclusions. As a member of a growing team, you will have opportunities for outsized positive impact through a high level of autonomy. You’ll work cross-functionally with many departments and partners, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring to the table, we look forward to learning from each other
What You'll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. sales data, dealer behavior patterns, sales rep behaviors & efficiency metrics, and website usage) to understand the performance of our revenue strategy and find opportunities for optimization
- Be a thought partner with decision-makers; communicate and present data analyses, visualizations, and insights to key partners
- Partner with the sales, marketing, finance, product, and engineering departments to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance and experiments; build reports and dashboards to survey and understand them
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
- Mentor data analysts on technical and professional development
Who You Are:
- Proven track record in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing, behavior analytics, or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Knowledge of BI and reporting tools, or experience in learning new tools
- Ability to influence multiple partners to adopt new component based approaches and achieve shared business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.