Senior Revenue Analyst at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Senior Revenue Analyst is a key member of the Controllership team, who regularly reviews the company's financial transactions, sales contracts and business practices, and compiles and analyzes revenue information by ensuring that contractual arrangements are accurately reflected throughout the company’s transactional systems. The role requires a deep understanding of the company’s business operations, products, and accounting practices. The Senior Revenue Analyst will work closely with the Sales, Product and Pricing, and Financial Planning & Analysis teams to ensure the revenue reporting is performed accurately with the billing and accounting teams.
What You'll Do:
- Drive detailed revenue analysis by product line and ensure accuracy of data being reported between the billing and financial reporting systems.
- Ensure alignment of billing and invoicing processes in relation to the implementation of the new ASC 606 accounting standards
- Prepare technical ASC 340-40 accounting analysis including capitalized commissions on a monthly basis
- Reviews organizational billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy and alignment with revenue recognition as defined by the controllership team
- Review revenue account reconciliations, perform detailed account analysis by product type and locations, identify account variances
- Review reconciliation of revenue accounts including deferred revenue and accounts receivable by managing transactional data across multiple systems
- Provide support to the monthly close process adhering to specific tasks and deadlines in reconciling revenue accounts
- Perform weekly revenue landing assessment based on actual revenue data vs operating plan as managed by the FP&A teams
- Assist with defining process flow for new product introduction and accurate reporting between the billing systems and financial reporting
- Support the quarterly and annual financial statement reviews and audits by providing supporting documentation of transactions, reconciliations and other analysis
- Perform and document monthly and quarterly SOX related controls
- Assist with ad-hoc revenue initiative projects
Who You Are:
- CPA - Preferred
- Bachelor or Business Administration with concentration in Finance or Accounting; analytical experience a plus
- 5+ years of related experience in revenue analysis; experience with revenue recognition guidance a plus
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management teams
- Requires attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite/Zuora is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (pivot table, VLookup, etc)
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.