Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Senior Revenue Accountant is a key member of the Controllership team, who regularly reviews the company's financial transactions, sales contracts, and business practices, and compiles and analyzes revenue information by ensuring the contractual arrangements are accurately reflected throughout the company’s transactional systems. This role requires a deep understanding of the company’s business operations, products, and accounting practices. The Senior Revenue Accountant will work closely with many teams including Sales, Product and Pricing, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Billing to ensure the revenue reporting is performed accurately in accordance with ASC 606 and internal policies and procedures. This position will also help test and improve an ongoing system implementation.What You'll Do:
- Ensure revenue recognition is performed in accordance with ASC 606
- Review revenue account reconciliations, perform detailed account analysis by product type and locations, identify account variances
- Review reconciliation of revenue accounts including deferred revenue and accounts receivable by managing transactional data across multiple systems
- Provide support to the monthly close process adhering to specific tasks and deadlines in balancing revenue accounts
- Drive detailed revenue analysis by product line and ensure accuracy of data being reported between the billing and financial reporting systems
- Perform weekly revenue landing assessment based on actual revenue data vs operating plan as handled by the FP&A teams
- Assist with defining process flow for new product introduction and accurate reporting between the billing systems and financial reporting
- Support the quarterly and annual financial statement reviews and audits by providing supporting documentation of transactions, reconciliations, and other analysis
- Reviews organizational billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy and alignment with revenue recognition
- Perform and detail monthly and quarterly SOX related controls
- Assist with ad-hoc revenue initiative projects
- CPA - Preferred
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance or Accounting; analytical experience a plus
- 4+ years of related experience in revenue analysis; experience with revenue recognition guidance a plus
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management teams
- Requires attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an ambitious spirit
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite/Zuora is a plus
- Sophisticated Microsoft Excel skills required (pivot table, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting skillset
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.