Senior Revenue Accountant at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Revenue Accountant that will support Nuance's Healthcare and Enterprise Divisions. The candidate will be an accountant at heart and possess a strong desire to be involved in the system side of accounting and support the business in areas related to revenue recognition/accounting.
This Senior Revenue Accountant will support the Senior Manager and be the primary liaison on the Technical Revenue Accounting team in both Healthcare and Enterprise with respect to the order-to-cash workflow, including revenue recognition under ASC 606 and the related financial accounting systems (Oracle and RevPro).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently collaborate with cross functional teams in Order Management, Finance, and IT to continuously improve upon the standard operating procedures, design, and internal controls of the financial accounting systems
- Ensure the order-to-cash workflow, including standard operating procedures and internal controls, works in an effective, optimal, and as required basis
- Identify potential issues as well as root causes in the financial accounting systems (including the order-to-cash workflow) that impact revenue recognition
- Perform User Acceptance Testing of upgrades, fixes, and/or changes to financial accounting systems prior to the deployment in production
- Document and validate action plans to correct issues in the financial accounting system on impacted arrangements and to prevent such issues from occurring go forward
In addition, on an ad hoc basis, this Senior Revenue Accountant will support the Senior Manager with deal support, contract reviews, documentation of revenue conclusions, revenue analytics (including SSP and customer life studies), and other system and process improvements.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum years of work experience: 3 or more years working with, implementing changes to, and documenting the respective business requirements as well as internal controls associated with Financial Accounting Systems in accordance with ASC 606
- Working knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems (preferably Oracle and Rev Pro or similar systems) and the associated order-to-cash workflows/design in accordance with ASC 606
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Hghly compitent in MS Excel
- Ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner
- Ability to multi-task and drive results on cross-functional teams
- Oracle and/or a similar financial accounting system with respect to Order Entry and/or the General Ledger
- Rev Pro and/or a similar ASC 606 revenue subledger
- Salesforce or a similar customer relationship management (CRM) tool
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.