Senior Pricing Analyst
Interactions is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate by transforming frustrating experiences into productive conversations.
At Interactions, we have created an environment that is based on innovation, quick-thinking, and abundant growth opportunities. Our employees are smart, hard-working and invested in the success of the company. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking and innovation, and our ability to balance a start-up environment with a healthy work-life balance.
Working at Interactions is an opportunity to be part of the team that’s changing the way customer care is delivered.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Senior Pricing Analyst. The Senior Pricing Analyst is responsible for working between the Sales organization and the deal desk in order to provide pricing information to build a business case for new logo and upsell deals. This person will be responsible for understanding our products and the costs associated then translating them into our Gross Margin calculator.
Senior Pricing Analyst must think strategically, have strong analytical and communication skills, and thrive in a dynamic environment. Candidate should be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously and working independently and cross-functionally. Additional responsibilities include:
- Member of a cross-functional team to assist in activities involved in the pricing development for client proposals. Analyze market trends, including competitors’ prices, consumer habits, marketing strategies, and profitability.
- Synthesize external trends with internal data, including professional services costs, production costs, prices of products currently on the market, advertisement costs, current financial status and budget.
- Create and deliver informed decisions about the appropriate price points for various products based on the analysis of internal and external data.
- Communicate pricing decisions verbally and in written form to the pricing committee, deal desk, and the marketing and sales teams.
- Monitor the results of pricing decisions by evaluating performance in relation to budget and profit margins and communicating with the sales team regularly.
- Revise pricing decisions if necessary, and proactively monitor products’ performance to determine whether revaluation is needed.
- Maintain detailed records for individual products that can be used to evaluate future market trends and inform future pricing decisions.
- Engage with various teams to contextualize decisions and define strategy.
- Build customized reporting for internal teams to explain pricing decisions and evaluate the performance of strategy shifts.
- Maintain complex financial models to measure various projects, including capital investment projects.
- Develop scorecards/metric reporting to assist management with monthly/quarterly projections.
- Analyze external/internal business trends and the development of business impacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, accounting, finance or related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience in pricing analysis, business analytics or financial analysis.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Analytical, evaluative and data-driven mindset.
- Ability to act quickly when dealing with acute problems.
- Knack for telling stories with data.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional Excel skills.