Senior Payroll Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you obsessed with being accurate and love the details? If so, we might have the perfect job for you! CarGurus is looking to add a Senior Payroll Analyst to our team. As a member of the People & Talent team, you will ensure accurate processing of payroll for our US and international employees. This position will have an immediate impact within our growing organization.
What You'll Do:
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll using Workday
- Assist with the monthly processing of international payrolls
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate post processing
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, 1095c)
- Create ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual check and stock entries
- Respond to all questions timely and accurately
- Complete employment verifications
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience processing multi-state and multi-cycle payrolls
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Understanding of tax as it relates to payroll, fringe benefits, employee benefits and equity grants
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
- Strong PC and/or Mac skills including proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Workday payroll
- Strong work ethic with a team player mentality
- Professional with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Capacity for decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Familiarity with FLSA and record-keeping requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.