The Senior Financial Underwriter computes rates for both renewing and prospective moderate to complex group accounts. The Senior Financial Underwriter work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Financial Underwriter prepares a variety of financial reports for large accounts and provides rationale and support to other areas within the organization and to clients regarding rate computations and financial activity. Provides expense estimates and accurate analysis of financial exhibits. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of medical underwriting with ASO Funding
- Comprehensive understanding of risk pool management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree
- Experience with Pharmacy Plan Underwriting
- Experience underwriting rates for complex accounts
- Experience analyzing a wide variety of health or claims related data