Senior Manager, FP&A
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
The Nuance Finance team is seeking a Senior Manager, FP&A in our Burlington office. This is a highly valued and critical role with responsibility to provide strategic finance support directly to our CTO, CIO and Senior Leadership across the company on enterprise-wide, business segment and functional planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting. We are looking for a person that is comfortable both participating in discussions to drive smart business decisions and is willing to roll up their sleeves to do financial analysis and reporting. The position requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
- Lead FP&A team for Hosting COGs, R&D, IT and Facilities
- Partner with Business Unit Finance, Business Operations, CTO and CIO to develop multi-year plans, annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts for Hosting COGs, R&D, IT and Facilities
- Design and execute on expense and hiring controls and engage with business leaders throughout the company to ensure forecast and plan achievement
- Partner with accounting to manage the monthly and quarterly close
- Partner with Hosting Opreations Team to develop variable COGs forecasting models and Facilities Management to develop Site Strategy and Expansion forecasting models
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting, analyze trends and variances, assess risks and communicate key messages to senior leadership
- Report directly to the Head of FP&A
- Work in partnership, on a daily basis, with Business Operations, Business Unit Finance, Corporate Finance, and executive management throughout R&D, Hosting Operations, IT and Facilities
- 1 Direct Report
- Minimum 10 plus years’ work experience, with a strong focus in financial management and analysis, preferably in a high tech matrixed environment.
- BS Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous improvement is absolutely essential to the success of this role
- Advanced Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Smartview, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle, Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system, and Excel Modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations as well as deliver well-prepared, substantive, focused presentations to senior management
- Ability to establish rapport, develop strong partnerships and maintain trust with senior level sales, finance and division leadership
- Strong hands-on experience in complex financial modeling, problem solving, analysis and planning
- Willingness to dig deep into details as well as the ability to assess the big picture
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.