Senior Manager, Financial Systems and Operations at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for a strategic, technical, and motivated team player to bring our finance teams’ top strategic and operational objectives to life. You will guide the finance function as part of our centralized operations team, and be the product manager for our internal financial systems (e.g. RevPro, Netsuite, Procure to Pay systems). In this role, you will work closely with our stakeholders in corporate finance, strategic finance, and accounting to help them meet their goals using business process improvements and technology innovation. After our recent IPO, our finance function is looking to mature rapidly and implement processes and technology that help the company scale quickly. You will mentor a team to align on priorities, define a roadmap, gather requirements, transform business processes, and work with our technical delivery team to execute our plan. You will also partner with upstream teams in go-to-market to ensure that changes made earlier in the customer journey keep in mind the needs of our finance function.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with finance stakeholders to identify goals and challenges, including KPIs that we plan to impact
- Be a strategic thought partner for our finance stakeholders and upstream go-to-market teams on how to bring their core strategies and priorities to life
- Be the product manager for our financial systems; build out a short-and-long term roadmap that is aligned with stakeholders and addresses their goals and KPIs
- Identify and implement business transformation efforts by understanding the current state and designing processes and technology that get us to a desired future state
- Help implement, improve and maintain critical business technologies that support revenue recognition (RevPro), record-to-report processes (Netsuite), Procure to Pay tools, FP&A tools, Treasury Management Systems, amongst others
- Communicate with stakeholders on key priorities, progress against those priorities, and impact of our work
- Build and manage a team of 2-3; provide coaching, guidance, and feedback to drive high-performance and employee satisfaction
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5-10 years of Operations, Product Management, Financial Systems consulting, or other equivalent experience
- Experience with Netsuite, RevPro, and other financial systems tools
- Demonstrated experience of solving complex problems using a data, and critical thinking capabilities to see beyond the initial problem presented
- Demonstrated experience in improving processes to drive efficiency
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with executive team; being able to distill complex technical concepts into a simple, easy-to-understand story
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the overlap between operations, systems, and external applications
Experience with building teams
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.