PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning.
We are a company of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Our world class team is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact. Our office is located in the heart of Fenway. PathAI was recently voted one of BBJ's Best Places to Work!
This role will be a key member of the PathAI Finance team and will work closely with the VP, Finance to design and implement financial strategies for the Company and use data to help make informed business decisions.
The successful candidate will have the right mix of industry experience and the desire to learn the operations of the business. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that can help us achieve effective and efficient internal reporting and analysis.
Senior Manager of Finance will:
- Lead the annual budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning processes for assigned business functions, partnering with business stakeholders and the VP of Finance to meet process deadlines and established targets
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to create robust functional financial plans including financial metrics related to individual projects. Provide variance reporting to management
- Support future capital-raising activities and other investor related activities
- Partner with department budget owners to provide value-added financial analysis and support of business reviews and decisions from the financial perspective, including but not limited to, operational efficiency, cost saving opportunities, capital expenditure decisions, vendor selection and negotiation, etc.
- Help develop and monitor pricing strategy for various lines of business
- Liaise with Accounting team on monthly reporting of financial results to executives and establish best-in-class internal reporting
- Conduct market research on industry standards and identify KPIs
- Evaluate new business opportunities, work with team around potential prioritization framework around investments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or MBA preferred
- 5- 8 years of finance experience with biotech, technology, pharma or medical device a plus
- In-depth knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to help make strategic decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, collaborative, and executor -- and willingness to play a wide variety of roles
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellence in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.