Senior Manager, Accounting at Nuance
- Manage the day-to-day accounting activities of the team located in Burlington, MA as well as coordinate the activities assigned to our shared services team in India
- Review and approve monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas such as Cash, prepaid assets, AP, fixed assets, accruals, leases, sales commissions, and inter-company accounting
- Perform analytical reviews of key balance sheet accounts vs. prior period actuals as well as vs. forecast
- Provide detailed analysis and presentations associated with key areas such as: Fixed Assets including Internal Use Software; Sales Commission accruals and Deferred Costs; and supplementary non-GAAP disclosures.
- Collaborate and support Financial Planning and Analysis, Payroll, Technical Accounting and other cross-functional departments in an effort to continuously assess and improve fiduciary controls, accounting accuracy, operational efficiency and SOX compliance.
- Keep abreast of financial and accounting principles and regulatory requirements. Use your content knowledge to coach team and ensure Nuance remains in compliance. Assist with statutory requirements by preparing supporting schedules / documentation for external reporting.
- Own relationship with external auditors for assigned areas and partner with them to complete audits and drive operational efficiency.
- Lead, coach, mentor and train the team; take an active interest in their career and development and support their growth and development
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. entity set up, system implementation, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent with a solid knowledge of GAAP, general ledger structure, and financial statements
- 10+ years progressive operational accounting experience, ideally in a public company
- Proficiency using Oracle, or similar ERP, with multi-entity and currencies
- Strong understanding of business process related to the following business/accounting cycles: General Ledger, Cash/AR, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Prepaids/Accruals, Sales Commissions
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners and Accounting senior leadership regarding accounting related matters
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to remain positive under pressure and to motivate team members
- 3+ years in public accounting, CPA a plus
- Public company experience a plus
- History of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
- Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite, including GL, AP, FA, iProcure, Cash Management
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.