Senior Financial Analyst at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Finance Team at Nuance is seeking a G&A Senior Finance Analyst in our Burlington office to provide financial leadership and support for our G&A executive leadership team, including the CFO, General Counsel and CHRO. This role will assist in driving the multi-year, annual and quarterly forecast processes for the G&A functions. This role offers broad exposure to the business, finance, accounting, and operations teams, as well as an unparalleled level of visibility for a FP&A Analyst with frequent interaction with senior executive leaders. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable not only deep diving into the numbers, but also synthesizing, summarizing, and communicating (written/PPT and verbally) their findings and recommendations. The position requires attention to detail, self-motivation, accountability to deliverables and deadlines, and an ability to tell the numbers story.
- Own all aspects of the G&A Operating Expense Plans for Finance, Procurement, Legal, HR and Facilities. You are the financial subject matter expert for the G&A teams responsible for ensuring spending is in line with plans and forecasts and executive leaders are apprised of all variances, favorable or unfavorable, in a timely manner.
- Manage the Multi-Year Plan, Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly Expense forecast. You are the finance lead in developing a baseline forecast model, reviewing with G&A leaders and refining/finalizing based on changes/investments discussed during G&A leader reviews.
- Manage the monthly close processes for G&A expenses, including headcount reconciliations, PO accruals and journal entries.
- Prepare and present financial reporting to business partners and leadership teams on a monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc cadence.
- General support for any ad hoc requests or projects on an as-needed basis
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting (MBA or Masters in Finance preferred)
- Work Experience: 4 - 6+ years
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience (Pivot Tables, vLookup)
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement – a “right first time” approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills.
- Analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Financial Systems (Hyperion, Oracle etc.)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.