Senior Financial Analyst at EverQuote
EverQuote is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support its rapid growth and help the organization scale as it faces increasing complexity driven by new verticals, products, and business models. Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, the individual will play a key role in supporting operating teams in all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, and analytics. The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining reporting to aid the operational teams, develop tools to improve financial visibility to the stakeholders, and understand trends within the business to improve forecasting.
- Own reporting and forecasting of operating segments
- Partner with business and finance leaders to complete annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes through financial modeling, analysis and decision support
- Perform actual vs. plan and year-over-year variance analysis to identify trends and key growth drivers in an organized fashion
- Communicate business impacts. Improvement opportunities, and potential risks
- Develop reporting packages and dashboards to drive operational decision making
- Support ad-hoc projects as directed by finance and business leaders
- Identify and drive process improvement including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or business-related field.
- 3-5 years of financial planning and analysis or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong business acumen with understanding of key business drivers
- Extremely strong attention to detail required
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and grow in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to interact and collaborate with people across various departments as well as at different levels of the organization
- Understanding of general accounting principles
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data, with unmatched opportunity in the insurance vertical as we expand across new verticals and service offerings
- This role offers a highly unique learning and development opportunity
- Our company is profitable & established. A “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock and a relaxed & flexible work environment
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.