!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:27 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, January 30, 2020
Q1 - What is the job title for this role?
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
Q2 - Why is this role important to the organization?
We’re growing quickly and we need strong financial support for the business as we take on new initiatives and continue to expand. The Senior Financial Analyst will be the financial business partner for various operating functions (Go-To-Market, Product Management, Development, etc.) to provide the financial context and support they need to make decisions and drive the business forward. This individual will be a key contributor in the financial planning and forecasting processes, leveraging subject matter expertise to drive process improvements and best practice implementation through our Adaptive Insights planning tool and project management. The Senior Financial Analyst will provide timely and relevant reporting detailing variance to the operating Plan and provide guidance and support to help the business get back on track in the event of unfavorable variance. As understanding of our business increases, this role will become more involved in financial modeling/scenario analyses to provide financial context for business decisions and strategy.
Q3 - What are the primary activities that this person will do?
• Key FP&A support for various functional areas, which includes the development of annual budgets, periodic forecasts and long-range planning
• Drive internal management reporting process
• Enhance analytical tools and support monthly reporting
• Provide both operational and strategic financial support to help facilitate decision making
• Partner with program team leaders and functional heads to ensure financial information (budget vs. actual) is provided in an accurate and timely manner, present key insights or trends that require attention and enable budget owners to manage their budgets
• Collaborate with program and functional leaders to ensure consistency between corporate goals, program timelines, and program financial plans
• Conduct ad hoc financial modeling to support business case development as well as cost and sensitivity analyses
• Drive continuous improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business
• Work with FP&A leadership and CFO on special projects as required, including business development, NPV analysis and investor relations support
• Work with management team to explore new business models and strategies
Q4 - How seasoned does this person need to be?
3+ years of experience
Q5 - What other experience would be helpful in this role?
• Familiarity with Adaptive Insights planning tool
• NetSuite experience or similar ERP systems
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact with senior business leadership
• Experience and passion for working in and thriving in high-speed, dynamic work environments
• Strong time management skills.
Q6 - Does this role have any educational or professional certification requirements?
Yes; Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
Q7 - Does this person manage or lead anyone?
Not presently, but there are growth opportunities as we continue to build out finance function to support iZotope’s growth.
Q8 - What does success look like for this role?
Development into a trusted financial business advisor for functional partners within the business. Success in this role would be mastering not only the more routine planning, forecasting and reporting cadence, but also becoming a “go to” financial resource within the organization. With time and institutional experience, this role will grow with the individual, and a successful Senior Financial Analyst will become more involved in business-driving strategy as the individual shows eagerness and aptitude to take on this work.
Q9 - What is the job title for the manager of this role?
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Q10 - What location(s) are we open to hiring this role in?
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
Read Full Job Description