Senior Financial Analyst, Investor Relations
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
The Corporate Finance team at Nuance is seeking a highly motivated, proactive, and experienced Senior Financial Analyst to support critical company-wide financial reporting and forecasting activities. This role requires a strong financial acumen, attention to detail, accountability, and team-oriented approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive financial analysis to stakeholders, leveraging our various data sources, to drive informed decisions within the company
- Partner with corporate teams (Investor Relations, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, FP&A) in support of all earnings deliverables and preparation of public earnings documents
- Provide high quality commentary for internal and external purposes that demonstrates understanding of the key drivers and communicates all key messages required for decision making
- Leverage previous experience with planning and forecasting to accurately report and forecast company-wide financials
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the drivers of the company financials across the three financial statements
- Engage with the business organization when appropriate to understand operational models, assumptions, drivers, and leverage your finance skills to provide insight on a regular basis
- Partner and collaborate with the functional and divisional finance teams to understand revenue and cost mechanics
- Support the monthly close process as needed
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business; CPA or MBA highly desirable
• 4+ years of related Finance experience
• Expert level in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, complex ‘IF’ statements, and dashboard creation)
• Comfortable wearing multiple hats, ranging from leading finance discussions to working with data to provide thoughtful analysis
• Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
• Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations
• Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement – a “right first time” approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
•Ability to navigate SFDC or a comparable CRM system
•Experience either creating, or maintaining Excel macros (VBA)
•Familiarity with the component parts of the P&L, able to assess changes in bookings/revenue and their corresponding impacts to margins and profits
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Advanced degree and/or certification (MBA, MSF, MSA, CFA, CPA) preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.