Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting at Cybereason
Working under the direction of the Director of Financial Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst has the responsibility of assisting in the preparation of the Company's monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC rules and regulations. This role will interface with the accounting department to extract data and reports from the Company’s NetSuite reporting/general ledger system to prepare specific financial reports and monthly/quarterly financial statements for inclusion in various internal and external filings.
This role will work with financial planning and budgeting to help analyze actual vs. budget operating results for inclusion in the above reports as well as assists in preparing quarterly and year-end audit schedules and analyses for the external auditors. This role will also provide audit support for various separate legal entities; financial statements and play a key role in the company's testing and documentation efforts under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404.
What You'll Do
- Support the accounting teams monthly/quarterly close process and preparation of the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the process design and system integration for the future SEC 10-Q/10-K reporting process.
- Partner with Investor Relations to build and support the future quarterly earnings release process, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data provided to our external community.
- Assist in the distribution of internal quarterly financial reporting packages and the compilation/consolidation of financial data to support internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls around external reporting and coordinate required documentation as necessary (e.g. spreadsheet controls, tie-out packages, etc.)
- Assist in researching and documenting appropriate accounting procedures utilizing technical research tools.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key business partners including but not limited to: Investor Relations, Treasury, FP&A, Tax, other Global Reporting teams and other SME’s.
- Support various projects aimed at improving processes, efficiency, and external reporting enhancements.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field of study required.
- CPA certificate or demonstrated effort and intent to obtain CPA certificate preferred.
- 3+ years of financial accounting (such as SEC reporting or technical accounting) and/or public accounting experience (preferably Big 4 experience).
- Experience with GAAP related research and application of pronouncements.
- Knowledge of and experience with SEC filing and regulatory requirements.
- Must possess excellent communication skills – both written and oral in English
- Meticulous financial and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.); NetSuite/Oracle experience preferred.
- Workiva (or similar reporting tool) and NetSuite/Oracle experience a plus, but not required.