Senior Director Revenue Retention & Renewals at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Senior Director Revenue Retention & Renewals is a highly cross functional role working closely with Restaurant Success, Pricing, Hardware, Finance, Business Intelligence and Operations to conceptualize, implement and manage scalable processes to drive existing customer revenue retention for Toast’s live customers. This person will design, test and implement customer retention strategies to increase loyalty and retain business, and will be held accountable to retention-related targets and outcomes. This is a critical role as we scale and mature the Restaurant Success customer experience, and align our efforts toward the north star of Net Revenue Retention in 2022.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- In partnership with Finance, Pricing, Business Intelligence & Operations, establish a single source of truth and forecasting rhythm for all renewals, MSAs, and the corresponding operational discipline and visibility to drive predictable growth (go-lives), financial management (ARPU), and customer retention (MSA renewals & non-MSA renewals) across all live customers.
- Own the operational management and the associated business rules that trigger MSA amendments and renewals across all customers, partnering across RSM leadership to deploy this motion.
- Build the engine for our RFP, renewal and hardware refresh opportunities from existing customers, partnering with RSMs to help execute a portfolio of high-value, strategic renewal contracts.
- To support, develop, test and implement a matrix and repeatable amendment and renewal playbook in partnership with RS, pricing and packaging.
- Identify opportunities with larger and growing SMB customers to transition to an MSA structure.
- Drive the operational rigor of Retention and Renewal management, leading weekly Retention and Renewal stand-ups, publishing weekly pacing, progress and performance scorecards to the business and ELT, and leading the monthly Retention and Renewal readout and business review.
- Lead and Launch key experiments
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience working with internal stakeholders on building and executing business forecasts
- Ability to motivate a team of individuals in a matrix management environment
- Ability to self-manage time, multi-task and hold customers accountable to deadlines
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Adaptability, strong work ethic and professionalism during challenging situation
- Strong financial acumen, analytical abilities, and contract negotiation skills
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.