Senior Director of Corporate Finance at Akili Interactive Labs
The Senior Director, Corporate Finance, reporting directly to the CFO, will support all Corporate Finance related activities including long range business and annual operating planning, business development analytics, investor and financing related activities, help build consistent and scalable internal reporting processes, and prepare materials for the executive team, Company's Board meetings and internal presentations.
The Senior Director will be a hands-on and valued partner that provides analytical and strategic support to the business functions and works closely with senior functional management to support high quality decision making. The individual will play a key role in partnering with People Ops, Accounting, IT and the Finance team on organizational efficiency and process improvement initiatives to improve resource allocation and drive organizational cost savings.
- Implement corporate planning processes including annual budgeting and long range strategic planning for the company
- Support functional finance to establish a department-wide corporate budget that is subsequently approved by the Chief Finance Officer
- Compile and present Monthly and Quarterly financial results and metrics for the business’s executive leaders, stakeholders, and investors
- Ensure, accurate, and timely financial reporting, inclusive of balance sheet controls and financial information interpretation
- Lead corporate financial analyses in order to assist management in the evaluation of profitability of income streams as well as the potential for cost efficiencies
- Lead benchmarking and industry analysis across biotech, DTx, and Akili comparable companies to inform financial performance, position, and organizational makeup
- Partner with corporate controller to conduct risk management and continuously review all finance policies and internal control procedures, effecting necessary changes where needed
- Lead financial and business analysis supporting business development, M&A, and partnership deals for the company including creation and maintenance of financial valuation models
- Work with the CFO in discussion with external groups such as banks, investors, advisors, agencies and consultants to support the companies capital needs including private and public equity and debt financing
- Support the CFO and executive team in shaping and articulating the company’s investment story and establish relationships with the investment community to communicate the value of Akili to external parties and investors
- Responsible for periodical investor reporting materials and management of strategic treasury activities, inclusive of cash flow forecasts, bank partnerships, and debt management
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of corporate FP&A experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical space
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- The ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire both internal stakeholders and external partners
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and conditions, and effectively cope with changing priorities
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.