We are seeking a Director/ Senior Director, of our Finance Business Systems and Business Intelligence team to establish a new, dedicated capability within Dynatrace. In this newly created role, you will support Dynatrace with respect to Finance Business Systems and BI: Implement data driven decisions for efficiency and customer-focus goals. This function will assist in standardizing and consolidating more activities into a global business services (GBS) organization, while shifting workload into a Finance center of excellence. This is a hands-on role, driving deliverables from the function whilst evaluating and spearheading opportunities to broaden the impact and consequently, grow the team.
The Director / Senior Director, will assist in leading our strategy to measure and improve business performance, building and leading a holistic function which delivers data-driven insights to internal and external stakeholders. Through collaboration with finance and business teams, you will craft and execute our data analytics and insight delivery strategy to ensure a seamless experience that delivers mutual, tangible value to all functions. You must be exceptional in front of executives and decision makers with the ability to lead and influence strategic initiatives and planning.
In due course, our measuring capabilities will spread across products (and solutions) to develop a useful performance dataset. The Business Systems and BI function will seek to be integral stakeholders in the product roadmap process, and to expand influence into pricing and yield management driven by the data and potentially validate opportunities to directly monetize the dataset. This is a broad-ranging opportunity, requiring someone with very practical data analytics skills, first-class business sense, leadership capabilities and the drive to immerse themselves enthusiastically.
- Partner and assist with the IT Business Systems team to develop and execute the data analytics vision and BI technology strategy to support the organization’s adoption and execution of data-driven decision-making.
- Lead the design, construction, testing and implementation of reporting, visualization and dashboard processes that present summary level reporting with functionality to drill down into detail.
- Partner across Finance to accelerate ERP/EPM/BI Automation and Scale. Provide business process guidance.
- Collaborate with business group leadership to document “Current State” and “Future State” business flows with a focus on the value proposition technology solutions could provide.
- Drive “Digital Insights”: Improve analytics, create stronger “Predictive Modeling”, improve “Data Integration” and “Data Visualization (dashboarding)”.
- Introduce and develop a phased approach for a financial reporting “Self-Service” model for the entire Organization
- Be an expert at getting to the root of a problem, defining business objectives and formalizing data requirements – especially in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Craft meaningful insight from complex data with content that clearly presents opportunities in an accurate, understandable, and engaging manner. Ensure that data-driven decision making is a priority for key stakeholders.
- Partner with internal clients to gain a common understanding of performance and its relation to their KPIs and reporting requirements and establish standard SLAs to deliver on these business requests.
- Identify macro business and market trends that guide areas of future analysis.
- Build a function capable of driving tangible performance opportunities with both rigorous depth and appropriate scalability.
- Possess exceptional business acumen and technical rigor: Be able to seamlessly shift between conversations with executives, finance, and other business leaders.
- 6-9 years of in-depth, intensive technical experience designing and implementing full stack solutions, including analytics/BI solutions
- 6-8 years of experience managing strategy and execution of a BI team and systems roadmap and data strategy
- A mature understanding of techniques of data acquisition and analysis in the field of performance optimization. Expertise in the use of Google Analytics, PowerBI, Tableau, etc. is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in cloud-hosted technology platforms (SaaS) business models preferred.
- It is critical that the successful candidate is personally capable of interrogating source data i.e. is “hands-on”. The ability to extract data through SQL queries or scripted API calls is a must.
- First-class presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to inform and partner with technical and operating teams including at the most senior management levels.
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills. This role requires a driven and ambitious self-starter. The opportunity for a candidate with strong management skills exists to grow this function into a much broader organization.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to grow a business. Proven results in delivering business value through action on insights.
- Experience with working in a growing company vs. an established, known Enterprise brand.
- Willing and able to accommodate travel when needed.
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, creed, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected]. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish.
EEO is the Law/
EEO is the Law Supplement. To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.