Senior Credit and Collection Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This role will entail contacting our customers by phone and email to secure payment on overdue accounts. The Senior Credit and Collections Analyst will be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to initiate difficult conversations and negotiate favorable outcomes for the company.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years’ experience within the Collections function or B2B Phone experience in a customer facing role such as Sales.
- Expert Negotiator
- Competence in using integrated software (Salesforce and Zuora)
- Advanced in Excel with working knowledge of (VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables)
- Quick learner and self-starter who can work independently and manage their own time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills
- Accustomed to working with deadlines and performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Enjoys taking ownership of and resolving problems
- College degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience
What You'll Do:
- Negotiating the best possible outcome for CarGurus with challenging customers
- Making outbound calls (30+ a day) to customers to collect payment for overdue Invoices
- Acts as the liaison between sales/customer relation teams and the customers to manage overdue accounts
- Process and post customer payments to open invoices
- Constantly monitoring the accounts receivable aging for accuracy and completeness
- Working with varying levels of personnel within internal and customer organizations to resolve any collection issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Assisting with reporting department KPI’s and metrics
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.