Senior Cost Accountant at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:50 p.m. (EST) on Friday, September 25, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
We are looking to add to our Finance Team and are hiring a Senior Cost Accountant.
In this role you will:
- Take responsibility for our inventory and operational reporting requirements
- Manage costing process, financial reporting and assist with overall management for our third party manufacturing facilities
- Manage cost accounting process and projects for our in-house manufacturing facility, including absorption rate review and monthly reconciliations
- Manage manufacturing overhead and material burden rate calculations and updates, landed cost estimates and cost analyses, PPV etc.
- Manage the warranty and repair accounting while working with Customer Service, including monthly accruals and reconciliations
- Plan and execute periodic physical inventory counts at primary and third-party facilities, facilitating third party audit observations.
- Assist in building and managing the cycle count processes at all facilities
- Manage the financial reporting and assist operations in managing logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing to provide accurate accounting and management reporting related to product costs and inventory
- Drive ERP projects related to costing, such updating BOMs and managing SKUs
- Assist in monthly close processes, including reviewing and coaching staff accountants
- Assist in annual audit procedures
- Opportunity to take on non-cost related accounting projects and responsibilities
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferable
- 3+ year of relevant experience
- Experience in a cost accounting environment
- Self-motivated to get to the bottom of problems and propose solutions
- Effective at communicating complex topics with an unfamiliar audience
- Strong Excel skills, including clear and concise cost-model building
- Deep accounting knowledge and ability to think critically about GAAP-related issues
- Previous experience in working with FP&A and presentations with gross margin and similar reports
- Exposure to contract manufacturing relationships and workflows
- Experience with Sage ERP
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description