Senior Cost Accountant at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing explosively on all fronts, and that means we need more operational muscle on our Finance and Accounting team. At Formlabs, that means applying attention to detail and good judgement when driving financial operations, while delivering the prompt and precise information required to manage our scaling business.
If you are fiercely passionate about streamlining, are diligent when handling money, and want to have a high impact on a fast-growing company, we want you as our Senior Cost Accountant.
*Please note this role requires 25% travel to our Toledo, OH location*
- Perform all cost accounting activities for our resin warehouse
- Reconcile inventory to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory and oversee counting activities
- Oversee cost related journal entries, reconciliations, reserves, etc
- Review the work of the general accountant and manage this daily
- Assist with audits and other compliance related activities
- Prepare monthly group reporting package and perform analysis on fluctuations
- Provide support for any regular or ad hoc reporting
- Collaborate with external consultants and take a pivotal role in the design and implementation of a new cost accounting system and NetSuite ERP implementation
- Prepare monthly cashflow forecast
- Assist the Plant Manager with annual budget preparation and performance management
- Educate plant management personnel in the use of cost data for successful decision making
- You will report to the Controller
- Bachelors with an emphasis in accounting; Manufacturing and cost accounting experience required
- CPA, CMA or CCA preferred
- NetSuite or similar cloud-based accounting system experience preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, with at least 3 years hands-on experience in cost accounting
- Knowledge implementing an ERP system preferred.
- Excited to take initiative and dive deep into the details, putting solid problem-solving skills to work
- A highly analytical and data-driven thinker, who can quickly identify and address errors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Passionate about 3D printing and the tech industry
- Experience at a growing startup
- Google Suite whiz (especially Sheets)
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.