Senior Consultant Relations Manager - Investments at MassMutual
MassMutual Investments is at an exciting and pivotal stage of growth and expansion with a full product suite of leading investment strategies including The MassMutual Funds, an award winning family of multi-managed funds (www.massmutualfunds.com). This senior level leadership position will report in to the Head of Institutional Investments, and will be a key part of a strong, dynamic and growing business team charged with growing the firm’s assets through multiple avenues.
Our ideal Senior CRM candidate is a seasoned investment sales and client management professional who can leverage prior well-established relationships with the top investment consulting firms as well as establish new relationships with similarly situated firms that employ a rigorous home office and due diligence process to screening investment offerings.
This person will be on the leadership team and will be pro-active, action-oriented, collaborative, as well as work independently and is primarily responsible for securing the inclusion of MassMutual investments on approved lists, RFPs, search activity and other such outcomes that help promote MassMutual investment capabilities and raise assets. An ideal candidate will have a mindset focused on business outcomes with an ability to thrive in a growing and fast paced environment which requires agility and the ability to pivot as needed.
Summary of Role
The Senior CRM is charged with cultivating strong relationships with investment professionals at key consulting and national RIA firms. The individual is charged with creating awareness for MassMutual’s broad investments capabilities and for building ongoing relationships with home office due diligence, sales and marketing teams of the key identified firms.
Selected individual will effectively engage national investment consultants on our investment philosophy, performance, and the competitive advantage of MassMutual Funds and other investment products. He/she will promote the MassMutual Investment brand in the market place via meetings, presentations, conference support and value added support to the Adviser/Consultant home office with a primary focus on enabling growth in investments.
Success will be based on the individual’s ability to initiate new and deepen existing relationships, frequency and quality of meetings with the objective of procuring home office select list approvals or ratings.
- Drive forward a full-circle rotation approach to home office due diligence relationships with key strategic firms in the investment consultant space
- Initiate and facilitate conversations around investment related themes and product and manage information flow and pipeline process for home office approvals
- Position and differentiate the firm’s investment solutions and management style utilizing a consultative process during presentations and industry/association conferences
- Develop Tiers of Focus firms, build an actionable strategic plan for each key account or consultant firm
- Develop high quality longstanding relations with research departments to insure the inclusion of MassMutual Funds and relevant investment capabilities
- Work in support of broader business objectives in close conjunction with Head of DCIO Field Sales; DCIO Distribution Support; MassMutual Investment Management and Work Place Solutions as necessary to leverage key relationships
- Identify RFI/RFP opportunities we wish to target, and leverage support teams to respond in a timely manner with high standards of quality
- Meet a minimum target number of client meetings and rotation per quarter
- Bring new ideas and points of view to partner firms
- Highly energetic, self-motivated investment professional with 10+ years of institutional investment sales or client management experience preferably from an asset manager firm
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience managing consultants and strategic customer relationships; strong rolodex of prior relationships with consultant community
- Comprehensive knowledge of the DC business specifically in Investments
- Demonstrated ability to drive desired outcomes independently or collaboratively with excellent execution and follow through skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues; propose and implement solutions
- Strategic thinker with ability to influence, execute and flex as needed to support a growing business unit and meet organizational goals
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in any format – experience working with senior management
- Comprehensive understanding of investment fund principles
- Strong understanding of Home office culture
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team
- Strong Team Player - Flexible and adaptable with ability to thrive in dynamic fast paced environment willing to focus on enterprise interets
- Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
- Extensive domestic travel required (60% of time)
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- FINRA Licensed – Series 6 or 7, 63, 24 optional
- CFA and/or CIMA preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
***Position can be located remotely in the US and not in the Head office