Senior Analyst, Finance Operations at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• A degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Maths, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
• 2+ years of experience
• Proficient in SQL and in general, using programming as a tool to scale and solve problems
• Ability to go into the details to analyze the results and develop scalable solutions to improve day-to-day operations
• Able to handle a high volume of transactions/data and discover trends, patterns and insights that can be shared with the relevant teams
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Technology/Travel industry experience is an asset
About the job
Hopper is an insight driven organization, and nobody at the company is passionate about numbers like our Finance team. As an Analyst / Sr Analyst, Finance Operations, your day-to-day job, whether it’s working on reconciling our revenues or defining ways to automate our reporting processes, will always be toward shaping a scalable Finance function that helps our business leaders make sound financial decisions. You will not be afraid to go deep into the details, define improvement opportunities and build scalable solutions to be used for reporting purposes. You always ask yourself “How can we achieve more with less effort ?” and work towards that objective. You are also a business driven person, and are excited about solving the unknown like identifying and scoping new services that Finance can build.
- Own our revenue reconciliation and reporting processes
- Identify improvement opportunities (e.g. automation) to maximize time spent on value added tasks.
- Ensure that implementations fulfill the original intent of the improvements you defined. Quickly identify defects and share them with the relevant team to implement fixes and workarounds.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned; such as developing and leading new Finance-managed services or other initiatives.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description