Senior Accounting Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
This leadership role within the corporate accounting department will oversee general accounting functions. The Accounting Senior Manager will be hands-on, understand accounting operations, and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- Responsible for quality completion and review of monthly/quarterly fluxes, management decks, and audit deliverables.
- On an as needed basis, reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters, including financial statement and footnote preparation.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to establish key internal controls over operations and financial reporting in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness on a continuous basis through various techniques using technology solutions and automation.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Public accounting experience in a large firm preferred
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and leverage technology to build scalable processes, gain efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.