The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for driving the month-end process, SOX controls and documentation, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. Experience in a public company is a must.
What will you own?
- Be responsible for assisting with month-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Be responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business.
- Improve account reconciliation process, drive deadlines, enhance deliverables as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a corporate accountant.
- Prior experience with a public company or bringing a company public.
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors highly desirable.
- Experience with Revenue Recognition accounting and/or inventory cost accounting.
- Experience managing SOX controls and documentation.
- International experience would be a strong positive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment.