Senior Accountant at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 25, 2021
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for driving the month-end process, SOX controls and documentation, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. Experience in a public company is a must.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for assisting with month-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Be responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business.
- Improve account reconciliation process, drive deadlines, enhance deliverables as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes.
What we look for:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a corporate accountant.
- Prior experience with a public company or bringing a company public.
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors highly desirable.
- Experience with Revenue Recognition accounting and/or inventory cost accounting.
- Experience managing SOX controls and documentation.
- International experience would be a strong positive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment.
- Experience with Sage ERP is a plus.
- Experience with international subsidiaries/activities.
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description