Senior Accountant at EverQuote
EverQuote’s Finance group is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team! We are looking for a solid professional and a team player who can grow with us as we expand in the U.S. and abroad. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually.
- Be a key player in the month-end close process
- Responsible for consolidating monthly financials
- Oversee international subsidy accounting and operations
- Prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Prepare month-end accruals, journal entries and allocations for payroll, and other financial activities.
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
- Review, recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Assisting in the Company’s SEC filing
- Research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure the company is in compliance with US GAAP
- Cross-train members of the financial reporting team
- 3+ years of work experience in Accounting, Audit or related Finance experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Experience performing a significant portion or all of quarterly and yearly closes
- The ability to thrive in an international and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.