We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Join a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Senior Accountant to help us successfully navigate regulatory audit and reporting needs as well as process improvement and optimization. Do you have excellent analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of accounting principles? Do you enjoy fast-paced environments with a high level of cross-functional collaboration? If so, we hope you will join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Accountant:
- You will partner with internal and external stakeholders to meet regulatory requirements across all products.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, and international regulatory requirements, including strict adherence to all gaming regulations, tax remittance, audits, and internal control requirements.
- Audit the daily and weekly gaming reports.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and related analyses.
- Develop performance narratives and analytics as needed.
- Develop research and positioning related to or in anticipation of regulatory requirements.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of experience in accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate data and present said data intuitively.
- Experience in a public company or a larger technology company is strongly preferred.
- Experience with SQL and Tableau is preferred.
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management and communication skills.
- CPA license or progress toward it is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.