The Senior Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and primary responsibilities will include all aspects of the Expenditure Cycle. This includes compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare reports, making and reviewing the accuracy of general ledger entries, and account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will have hands on month-end close responsibility including financial statement preparation.
You must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and have sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. This would be a great opportunity for someone coming right out of public or someone in the Technology space looking for an exciting company.
- Assist in month end close to ensure financials are issued within company established deadlines.
- Reviews General Ledger activity for trended variances in account and departmental spends.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Perform account analyses by reconciling assigned monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Review current procedures and make potential change recommendations to senior departmental management.
- Records allocation and intercompany interest entries for month end.
- Assist in M&A integration activity
- Helps in preparing and distributing management reports and monthly financial statements.
- Provides back up support to Assistant Controller.
- Communicates with Managers from all departments to explain expense and variance trends.
- Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare the work papers/schedules for monthly reconciliation and fiscal year-end for the Company's external auditors.
- Assist in system upgrade and automation of processes.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience. CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 2-4 years in general accounting experience. Strong working knowledge in NetSuite or other comprehensive accounting systems, advanced Excel skills
- Independent decision-making ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, analytical and organization skills
- Can do attitude
- Interface daily with associates at all levels of organization
- Direct and lead workflow of two staff accountants
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.