ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
What you’ll do:
- Handle day-to-day accounting operations as part of the accounting team (AP, AR, GL).
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Contribute to an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare journal entries and develop month-end reconciliations and roll-forwards for review.
- Assist team regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions, including inter-company and foreign currency transactions.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting role
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get:
Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.