Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensuring they are in compliance with GAAP. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and the ability to record complex transactions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Prepare various internal financial reporting needs including monthly and quarterly financial statements, business unit reporting, and consolidations and eliminations
- Prepare various external financial reports including compliance reporting
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements and schedules necessary for auditor review
- Collaborate cross functionally to set up the right reporting at a business unit level
- Act as the central point of contact for all assigned business unit activities
- Assist in providing audit support
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects such as ASC 842 implementation and ad hoc analyses
- Understand various service/product offerings to ensure proper reporting
- Effectively using accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and management to drive sound business decisions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience, financial reporting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Experience with intercompany transactions and consolidations
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with accounting/financial reporting at a SaaS company
- Experience with financial reporting for business unit/segment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.