| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:29 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, October 7, 2021
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Bullhorn is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team.
Why this job is important:
The Senior Accountant will actively contribute to the growth and development of the Finance team, and the establishment, creation and implementation of new processes, procedures and internal control initiatives. This exciting role will provide you with hands-on experience and exposure to all aspects of the strategic accounting function, as well as the ability to develop technical and managerial skill sets. Upon successful mastery of job responsibilities, core competencies, and cross training, this role is intended to provide an exciting career track within the department, as well as continued professional development in the areas of Accounting and Finance.
A typical day might include:
- Assisting in the monthly close process to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting including the preparation of monthly
Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for judgmental/complex accounting areas.
- Working cross-functionally with revenue and FP&A teams on projects to increase operating efficiency in the finance department.
- Assisting with the successful completion of the year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors.
- Ensuring accounting policies and procedures are being consistently followed and adhered to.
- Assisting with the establishment, documentation and continuous improvement of all financial processes, workflows and forms.
- Establishing and maintaining effective rapport through regular contact, active listening and timely addressing of any issues, concerns or problems, with both internal and external contacts and customers.
- Assisting management with establishing strategic plans and objectives, in addition to complying with reporting and compliance requirements.
- Performing ad hoc tasks as required.
- Spearheading & implement accounting policy ASC 842 before year end.
This job may be for you if:
- You have 2+ years of accounting/finance experience. Public Accounting experience strongly preferred.
- You have strong working knowledge of accounting standards
- You are detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills and comfort interacting with clients and colleagues in a professional and
- You have proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- You have solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i. e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
Bonus Points For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.
Bullhorn is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion, or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
Read Full Job Description