SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is excited to be hiring an SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager that will initially work remotely but be expected to work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we return sometime in 2021. This accomplished individual will work for our Director of Technical Accounting and External Reporting and will not have any direct reports.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the company’s external reporting process, prepare/compile, review, and assess the disclosures included in Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and support the quarterly earnings release.
- Evaluate the impact of new accounting pronouncement and SEC regulations.
- Provide training to cross-functional teams on the impact of new accounting pronouncement.
- Conduct technical accounting research on complex accounting and reporting issues, including acquisitions, divesture, hedge accounting, stock compensation, goodwill and intangible asset impairment, and equity and debt financing.
- Manage the quarterly stock compensation accounting and reporting process.
- Manage the operational accounting related to goodwill, intangible assets, deferred acquisition payments and prepare periodic account analysis.
- Manage the annual and quarterly long-lived asset impairment review and analysis. Work with external firms and cross-functional teams to understand and assess the valuation methodologies and assumptions.
- Collaborate with treasury, tax, and operational accounting teams to ensure a smooth reporting process.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or business-related discipline.
Experience: 5 – 10 years of combined experience in a national public accounting firm and/or previous experience in financial reporting and technical accounting.
Professional Qualification: CPA license
- Previous experience in public accounting or SEC Reporting / Technical Accounting role
- Strong MS Excel experience (use of pivot tables)
- Stock Compensation & Purchase Accounting experience
- Software: Oracle, Hyperion, Workiva, Equity Edge
- Software industry experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.