Revenue Manager at Fuze
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
Fuze is making it easy for businesses to embrace the modern, mobile workforce. We offer a single cloud-based platform that includes these technologies and more for simple, smart communication that works. Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices and customers worldwide, we're growing to meet the demands of the evolving unified communications as a service (UCaaS) market.
Bring your passion and expertise to Fuze as our next Revenue Manager!
The Revenue Manager is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting and revenue analysis for our global software-as-a-service (SaaS) business. The role covers technical accounting under ASC 606, monthly accounting closes and analysis to understand key revenue drivers/metrics. The Revenue Manager is the subject matter expert on technical revenue accounting matters and plays the leading role within Finance ensuring service/pricing changes in the business are properly reflected in our revenue accounting. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
What you'll do:
- Supervise a staff of three people
- Customer contract review for revenue recognition assessment
- Monthly revenue and sales commission accounting closes
- Ongoing standalone selling price (SSP) and deferred commission impairment analysis
- Internal management reporting and analysis of revenues
- Coordinate with Sales, Deal Desk and Legal teams to ensure matters impacting revenue are understood and addressed early in the sales process
- Assist with annual external audit
What you need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in private industry and/or public accounting
- Collaborative, approachable personal style
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules related to revenue accounting – specifically, technology industry/SaaS-based business models
- NetSuite, Salesforce (or other CRM system) experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- International experience and foreign currency exchange accounting a plus
- CPA preferred