tomorrow.io’s Finance and Accounting Team supports all teams globally with relevant and timely financial data in order to make informed business decisions. We interact with each team at the Company and provide support across all business units, focused on tracking key metrics to drive our goals forward.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Revenue Accounting Manager who is eager to learn and dive into accounting at a high growth startup. You will gain valuable experience in GAAP Accounting, Revenue Recognition Standards, NetSuite, Job Costing, Project Management, and Government contracts. This role will be the Finance representative focused exclusively on working with our government team and customers, along with inventory management within our radar/sensor business. You will have full insight into the entire customer lifecycle.
As a Revenue Accounting Manager at Tomorrow.io, you will be a key member of the F&A team, owning many areas of the Accounting process, and having visibility into all things Finance. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with our executive team in Boston and play an important role as we scale our business.
What you’ll do:
- Own the billing and revenue reporting process for all of our business units.
- Manage monthly financial close process for revenue recognition and job costing.
- Work closely with the government project management and compliance team to provide the necessary reporting and analytics for our government customers.
- Collaborate with FP&A team for revenue, backlog, and collections forecasting.
- Own the calculations for government contract pricing, company labor rates, and project time tracking.
- Manage Company’s revenue accounting policies, and evaluate for process and system improvements.
- Support NetSuite software modules and upgrades.
- Perform ad hoc finance projects at direction of Global Controller and CFO.
And...you will get to work with the best people you’ve ever worked with. We promise!
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a SaaS-related industry and/or public company.
- Deep knowledge of revenue recognition accounting (ASC606).
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with varied teams, ideally with international experience.
- Advanced quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making.
- High standard of ethics and professionalism.
- NetSuite experience required.
- Bonus Points for: Government contract experience and/or familiarity with job costing reporting.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States lawfully must be provided.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Tomorrow.io is the world’s leading Weather Intelligence Platform™. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency.
Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.