Revenue Accounting Manager
DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, Company based in Boston, MA. The Revenue Accounting Manager will primarily be responsible for the implementation and executing the processes and controls related to the accounting, management reporting, and financial statement reporting of revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable transactions. In addition, this role will be involved in the execution of the quote to cash process, pricing, revenue forecasting, acquisitions, and other special projects. This is a high exposure role reporting directly to the controller. The role requires and understanding of business operation and products.
- Perform month-end general ledger close activities including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and revenue related accounts such as, accounts receivable, contract assets, contract liabilities, and reserves.
- Work through various technical accounting issues, including preparing memorandums and analysis to conclude on the appropriate accounting for our revenue related transactions. Document and implement policies and procedures to ensure that we account for the transactions correctly going forward.
- Daily review deals as they close to ensure appropriate day 1 accounting, including reviewing the accuracy of invoices to be sent to clients.
- Work closely with deal desk, contracts, legal, and sales on deal structures, contract language, and pricing and provide advice and commentary on changes that need to be made on contractual language.
- Work closely with sales and strategic finance on potential pricing and packaging models and bring insight to the revenue impact of the proposals.
- Prepare disclosures for financial statements.
- Prepare reports and analysis to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives related to revenue, at-risk receivables, contingent revenue, accounts receivable quality, remaining performance obligations, product margins, and others as needed.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures and implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to assist in understanding our actual revenue as well as help provide guidance on revenue forecasting.
- Work closely with auditors and throughout the year ensure that the quality of our accounting records is of audit level so that there are minimal requests and extra documentation needed from the auditors.
- Assist in various special projects as the arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, creation of shared service centers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 4+ years in an accounting experience, public accounting preferred, although not required.
- Experience in working with software companies preferred, although not required.
- CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.