Revenue Accounting and Controls Associate at CloudHealth by VMware
Revenue Accounting and Controls Associate – CloudHealth Technologies by VMware
Why CloudHealth by VMware? It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to SaaS products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for everyone, our customers, and the local community. This person will be an integral part of the company’s Finance and Operations Team that has worldwide reach and responsibilities.
Job Role & Responsibility
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with Sales, Sales Development, Customer Service, Accounting, Business Operations, etc. to ensure the accuracy of each business transaction.
- Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including subscription configuration, pricing, discounts, terms and conditions in accordance with CloudHealth subscription standards. Maintain the integrity of all customer, contact, and subscription databases.
- Confirm revenue is properly recorded by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are fulfilled and invoiced.
- Document the beginning and ending subscription dates for future recognition of deferred revenue.
- Maintain all pertinent documentation needed to properly invoice the customer including P.O.’s, credit card credentials, sales tax exempt certificates, ship to and bill to information, etc.
- Adhere to SOX Compliance controls in place relative to Quote to Cash workflow.
- Ascertain that revenue is booked to the appropriate Sales Territory and work collaboratively with Accounting to ensure proper payments are made to the Sales organization. Validate “commission splits” using proper management channels within Sales and Sales Operations.
- Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, credit card processing, electronic transfers, etc. Manage a customer portfolio by actively contacting customers in order to maintain a DSO of < 45 days.
- Generate monthly operational metrics and revenue reporting.
- B.S. required with an accounting, finance, or business concentration
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, and able to provide solid audit trails
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, and follow-up skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
- Credit and collection experience a plus
- SaaS company and transaction database experience a plus
- Additional skills include SFDC and Zuora experience a plus
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States
- CloudHealth/VMware is not able to provide sponsorship for this role.